Sunday, January 4, 2009

Resolution #6

Resolution #6. Pay my bills on time.

One way to pay bills on time is to get them caught up first. Friday after I got my paycheck I went to the bank that has my car loan. Around Christmas time they have a "skip a payment" option. Usually it is in December and I go Christmas shopping. This year it was in January. I figure if I skipped this payment I would have enough leftover from my paycheck to get the rest of my bills caught up. It cost $35.00 to ‘skip a payment.’

I go inside and wait my turn. I went up to the teller and told him what I wanted to do. He started typing, stopped, and then he went to go get the manager. Oh no, I thought, I have skipped to many of these payments and they won’t let me do it again. So much for getting caught up on my bills. No--- it just happened this kid has never done this before. Whew. Ok.

The manager is telling this kid what steps he needs to do. I asked if it was still $35.00. "Yes" she replies "would you like us to take it out of your savings account?" I don’t have a savings account here. "Yes you do" No I only have my car loan here. "Rita Simmons, birthday _____, Social Security number ___-__-____?" Yes that’s me. "Then yes, you have a saving account here. You have $257.26 in your account." You’re sure? I asked. "Yes when you applied for your car loan you had to open an account with us." Then yes, take the $35.00 out of that account. Can I also withdrawal $50.00? I asked.

I went shopping at the new Michaels that just opened up.

No comments: