Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Camping and Lawn Ornaments

I’m off this weekend camping with my family. My family tries to get together about every other year. We do a little bit of everything, and I am the one that scrapbooks our get togethers.

I love my family, we are close, but everyone in my family is a little weird. I am the most normal person in my family. Of course my family would disagree with that, but even their friends say I am the most normal (or the least weird).

One year my sister brought plastic flamingoes to our get together, and she took them everywhere! We went to Holiday World and Ronda (the flamingo) went with us. Ronda was also with us when we went to a play, Fiddler (Flamingo) on the roof. Abe Lincoln is holding Ronda. She even went out to dinner with us. Do you know how hard it is to scrapbook 40 pages with a d*%# flamingo in each picture?!

Well this year, my sister decided she wanted to bring more flamingoes and wanted us to bring some as well. We put our foot down! No more flamingoes! So, this year it is any tacky lawn ornament, and there is a contest on who can come up with the tackiest. I have been reading every ones post and they all say that they have the tackiest. It will be fun to see what everyone has come up with. We have 10 campsites, so I am expecting about 10-15 tacky lawn ornaments.

This is my tacky lawn ornament. I used vinyl for the lettering, and added rickrack and ribbons. People at work said it wasn’t tacky enough so it was stained brown and yellow. This is a before picture. It may not be the tackiest, but it sure is the grosses.

Here's hoping you all have a wonderful and memorable summer!

No comments: